replacing key bushings

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 7 23:27:45 MST 2008

Absobloominlutely .... but, if some are missing, check the others. If many more are loose or in bad shape, sell the whole key rebush job to avoid future problems for the owner and to ensure properly fitted, smooth-playing, non-wiggling (or knocking) keys.

BTW, and FWIW (for what it's worth) When I do a full set, I always space and align the keys, too, and point out the results to the customer -- after all, though they paid for all that pretty new felt, it will henceforth be out of view. Let them know what they REALLY bought was the look and feel and playability of the keys.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO