workshop set-up

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jan 8 07:19:58 MST 2008

>>You'll have to put ( at least ) 6 mil plastic down,

If you put the thick plastic down you will trap the water between the
concrete and plastic, encouraging mold growth. If you use Styrofoam panels,
the moisture can get through eventually, unless you have standing water.

You could also screw treated 1x2s to the back of the plywood before laying
it down without Styrofoam to keep the plywood off the moisture and allow
some air movement.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272