Pianos in the Deep Freeze

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:08:51 MST 2008

Hi Will,

The problem I see is that they will heat the church on sundays... This will create problems more that if the piano was left alone for all winter in the cold. There are only two solutions I can think of:

1- build an insulated box for the piano that could be equiped with a dampp chaser system and a small heater that would keep the piano at a temperature above freezing. This box could be removed or the piano rolled out of it after the church would get warmer on sundays.

2- Get the piano and a keyboard. The piano could be used in spring summer and fall and then moved tho someone's house for the cold season and use a keyboard for the winter.

Hope my 2 ¢ can help.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC