Pianos in the Deep Freeze

itunepiano at aol.com itunepiano at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 19:09:24 MST 2008

 Will, Normally, condensation on the strings can be avoided by covering the piano with moving blankets during the cold, and allowing the piano to warm slowly over a few hours to room temperature. The key is a slow transition from cold to room temperature.? A fast transition will cause condensation. ?? I doubt this piano will stay in? tune for long.?? Can't the church turn the heat down to 50 degrees and keep it there during the week?? I did that in my workshop during days on the road with no ill effects on anything and it saved money on heat.?? My furnace heated the shop to 68 from 50 in about 1/2 hour.? Bob