Sound board trim jig/ panel press

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 19:49:27 MST 2008

Dale:

Attached is a crude photo.  The photo is of a 2x4 (couldn't find my 1x4s),
and I didn't have any quarter round but you can see where it goes.  After
this set up just tap down the block until it snugs the quarter round down.
The 45 degree cut pushes it down on the board and into the side of the case
at the same time.

Of course, the other thing you can due is just screw and glue down a flat
piece of maple about 1/4 - 1/2" thick and 1" wide or so.  That's the
easiest.

David
Call me dense.. Got a picture? I'm Having a hard time visualizing something
that is no doubt simple. Brain fade. How bout a beer.  Uh huh
Dale

That works but an easier method is to just cut the bottom of a short piece
of  several 1x4s at a 45 degree angle.  Clamp them lightly to the inside of
the case right over the trim with the 45 degree angle facing toward the
trim.  Then with a mallet tap the 1x4s down until they squeeze the trim into
the panel and the side of the case.  Protect the inside of the case, if you
need to, with a thin piece of felt.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com