P{ianos in the Deep Freeze

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Thu Jan 10 04:09:53 MST 2008

My thanks to everyone who has responded thus far to my query about "Polar
Pianos".  Mostly, you are confirming what I already believe to be true.  The
heated hot box seems a reasonable idea; whether they want such a thing on
the raised floor where the piano is off to the side of the pulpit is another
question.  I had suggested keeping the church to 50 or even 40.  Insulating
the church and replacing windows is the ultimate solution.  And the digital
may be the better solution here, although I think condensation would not be
its friend either.

I think I will recommend that they wait until Global Warming solidly kicks
in before purchasing the new grand.  Thanks again to everybody for their 2
cents, now I have almost enough for a cup of coffee!

Will Truitt