Broadwood And Sons questions

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Jan 10 10:54:03 MST 2008

There was an article on overdampers in the Journal maybe 18 months ago.
More info there.

And without wanting to prolong this thread more than necessary on this
piano, I confirm that JD makes valid points.  His points, I believe,
also confirm mine that working on this piano is probably a can of worms
that you want to avoid altogether. If the client insists, "tune" it at
pitch and tell her that is the most that should be reasonably done to
such a piano.  By getting it tuned she has invested more than its value
already.

And just to clarify - I am not a birdcage-basher.  In fact, I may have
the opportunity to purchase one myself very soon.  A top of the line
Blüthner overdamper.  Now THOSE were pianos!

Jurgen Goering