bridge recapping tools

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jan 11 13:45:00 MST 2008

Now if someone was to fashion a set of these bridge pin templates for
various lengths and widths.....  I am quite sure they would find a
market for them.

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/attachments/20080111/3f10d209/attachment-0001.jpg

As for chisels and saws... just make sure you get a damned good quality
set and keep them sharp as you can.  I bought a entry level Tormek
system for my first long bridge... and I was amazed at how easy it was
to do a good job.  A bit of practice with good tools and the actual
notching of a bridge is a snap.

Cheers
RicB