custom hammers

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jan 12 02:55:34 MST 2008

I had to do a damper repair on a really nice Sauter a few years back
because the dampers all bent up and lipstick all over the place.  Owner
didn't have a clue as too how it got there because the thing was hardly
used anymore.  Strange what finds its way into pianos... :)

Cheers
RicB

    Hmm.  One time I worked on a piano where someone had used fingernail
    polish on the hammers.  They were very shiny!

    Barbara