tight pins

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jan 13 07:42:51 MST 2008

Throwing an electric current through the pins would probably be an easier
way and faster way to heat them up.  How you do that safely, I'm not sure,
but I do recall some years ago someone had a system for easing tight center
pins which involved two thin metal spatulas which could slip between the
hammer flanges.  When they contacted a center pin on either side of the
flange, it completed the circuit between the two spatulas and an electric
current ran through the center pin heating it up and easing the bushing, in
effect.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com