tight pins

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:07:00 MST 2008

While all these proposed methodologies may be interesting experiments for
one's own enlightenment (on one's own property), I would suggest (as someone
did earlier, when the relative "newness" and probable warranty situation was
not yet identified) contacting "Kohler & Campbell"aka SMC aka Samick (
www.smcmusic.com; 800-592-0077) for advice. List veterans are no doubt aware
that Roger Jolly has in recent years been in involved in production
development and quality control for SMC's Knabe line (and possibly other
lines?). I am blanking on the name of SMC's Technical Services (& warranty
approval) Manager; she seemed very helpful during her participation in Roger
Jolly's multi-day Interactive Grand Regulation class at last summer's PTG
Institute at Kansas City. Who knows, maybe reaming and repinning is the
optimal solution? Have the school admit it's a dog, and ship it off to
someplace with "real" seasons and "normal" (i.e. radical) changes in
relative humidity. A Fujan lever with a doubled length tube?
Good luck,
Patrick Draine