Need Heintzman Co. phone number

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Sun Jan 13 10:17:03 MST 2008

Hi, Wayne,

I believe there are some errors in the information on the resource list.
Unfortunately Canadian's stopped building Heintzman pianos in the 80's and
sold the name and later everything else too.  Anything after this if you are
lucky will find made in USA if it is a lacquered finish- may have Gerhard
written ahead of Heintzman.  But most are polyester and are Bejing China's
pianos and the time period overlap.  I think I saw some polyester Gerhard
Heintzman pianos built in 1985 or so in the stores in Canada along with some
polyester Sherlock Manning pianos built a bit earlier.  Have you looked up
Bejing Xinghai in the resources section of PTG Web site under manufacturers,
"Great Web Site".  I couldn't access this web site.  Probably a language
setting on my computer.

Best bet is go to the Heintzmann page.

Some information is very confusing.  Perhaps the spelling of Heintzman is
incorrect.  All the pianos made in Canada used Heintzman not Heintzmann.
Read this carefully.

Click on this

Heintzmann <http://www.hzmpiano.com>   and you will find a place to locate
the year and serial number.  The numbers stop at 1980 but they were
producing some in Canada some in the USA and some in China until they opened
Bejing factory.  Your best bet is go through the dealer your customer bought
the piano.

Contact Person: Frank Woodside
CANADA
Phone: (604) 984-7812
Email:info at hzmpiano.com
equipment left were purchased from Sklar-Pepplar upon its closing the
factory in Canada and production was moved to China. We are a stand alone,
Independent, Canadian owned factory and not owned or built by Beijing
Xhinghai as referenced to on your website. Heintzman Pianos have never been
built in the Xhinghai factory.

As a student at George Brown College we had an invitation 1982 to visit the
Hanover factory where they were last made in Canada.  I believe that only
uprights were built in their last attempt of production from this location.
They did make very good quality pianos for a very long time and some large
very satisfying pianos especially their larger grands.

The new Heintzman factory currently located in Beijing was established in
August 1989.

The Heintzman Piano Company is a totally independent joint-venture company
owned by Chinese and Canadian shareholders. There are two divisions and two
production lines. The China team is responsible for all domestic sales in
China. The international team is responsible for all international sales
which cover over 6 different countries and growing rapidly around the world
and its headquarters are based in Vancouver, Canada.

The Canadian legend continues in China. The first year Canadian Heintzman
pianos were introduced to the Chinese, there was overwhelming sales growth,
over 100% each year. The first factory was not equipped to keep up the
supply. In order to fulfill the high demand but preserve the highest quality
possible, a brand new state of the art Heintzman Factory was decided upon.
Since the summer of 2005 Heintzman pianos have been manufactured at the new
plant located in Beijing China.

In order to continue the legendary legacy of Heintzman, the original
drawings, scale designs and production equipment of the original Canadian
Heintzman Piano Factory were purchased and are utilized by the new Heintzman
Piano Co Ltd in China today. Heintzman is also employing state of the art
technology and adding improvements by importing the best in the world
components to enhance today's new Heintzman.

If you like to contact the Heintzman International team, please e-mail
<http://www.hzmpiano.com/contactus.aspx>  to us

In a photo of Jim Moffat over his head on the wall it is spelled Beijing
Heintzmann.

When you click on Heintzmann from the list of manufacturers you will find
photos of their production look at the writing on the workers shirts these
pianos they are building are not being built or from Canada.  And the last
photo shows a picture of the soundboard decal built in Canada.

The Heintzman is now made in Bejing Xinghai

Beijing Xinghai <http://www.xhpiano.com/e_index.asp>

Beijing China
Names Used: Otto Meister, Heintzmann, Ellington, Story & Clark, Wyman,
Linden

Beijing <http://www.xinghai-piano.com>  Xinghai Musical Instruments

6 Huangmuchang, Chao Yang District
Beijing, China 100022
Phone: 011-88-10-6771-8885
Fax: 011-86-10-6771-1318

<http://www.ptg.org/resourceDirectory-show.php?keywords=Manufacturer#TOP#TOP
> Go to top

Yep I'm sore.  What's on their decal Canadian Legacy?

What others build we fix!

And we fix Custom hammer hanging jobs.  Ever see a Hammer head glued checked
tail facing the action rail not the back check?

Jessica Masse

RPT Piano Technicians Guild

Proprietor, Ebony and Ivory Piano Company