Accepting credit cards

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:51:34 MST 2008

On behalf of schlubs everywhere, I resent all of this; though I refuse to operate from the back of a car as I have my lil' ol' pick-up truck.

On a serious note, I've only been asked a couple of times, over the years, if I accept plastic. I tell them, "No, I take cash, checks, gold bullion, chicken bullion ..." We have a little laugh and they whip out the money or the check.

I used to accept cards because that's the way the Army wanted to pay and I had Fort Leonard Wood pianos to tune. It is an expensive hassle. In my neck of the--quite literal--woods, cards are not necessary. If I were in the city I would have to accept them, I suppose, and pay for yellow page ads, and all kinds of expenses I don't have, here.
.
On the other hand, I drive all over creation which, but for the cost of fuel, is not to be complained about as It is always through scenic farm and forest land, with rivers, streams, lakes, etc.

Know what constitutes a traffic jam in my town? It's when someone's trash can rolls into the street.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO