Soundboard installation with hide glue

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Thu Jan 17 11:44:11 MST 2008

Hi Ric.

You put the finger right on the right place.
Yes, I bought a pre ribbed board made by Ciresa.  They claim they can do any
job on your specifications, but I myself had no specifications to give that
I would have believed being better than their standard procedure.  I will
have their protocol on Monday.
So I asked for their standard procedure, which I think is quite nice, as the
board was nicely crowned at 40 % humidity.
Apparently, I dried the board too much, as it went reverse crowning.
Strange enough, after 24 hours back in 40 % 22 ° celcius environment, the
board still remains reverse crowned.  I'm fearing something irreversible
happened.
I'm both very unhappy to have probably destroyed this nice board, and happy
to learn things the hard way (the only one that lasts).
As I said to Terry, strange how you can read tons about a topic, yet it is
when you get your hands on it that you see what happens in real.

Again and again, thanks to you and all for generous knowledge share.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.