Andre's Front Punchings vs Schimmels

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jan 17 13:33:51 MST 2008

Hi folks..

A couple years back when this was a hot item for discussion the a couple
posts were made in which it seemed like a suggestion was being made that
Andre's idea for using hammer felt in conical shape for front punchings
was not his idea at all and that Schimmel had been doing this for
years.  Not having a good enough camera at the time I couldn't really
illustrate how false this idea was.

Attached is a foto of both types.  On the left Andre's  ... known as
Crescendo over there and sold by Jurgen.  On the right is the cloth (not
pressed felt) non-conically shaped punching that Schimmel has been using
all these years.  As you can see the Schimmel punching is just a
standard front punching in white cloth...not green.

I hope the sender of that claim a couple years back is reading.  I said
it then and I say it again.  The pressed felt punching in conical shape
was Andre's idea... and he deserves the credit for coming up with the idea.

Cheers
RicB