Oblong Tuning Tips

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 17 13:55:13 MST 2008

I had trouble today saying no.  I told a lady I'd tune her old English birdcage......

My oblong tuning tip is way too big - I guess it must just be for square grands - it spins on the English birdcage pins. What kind of tip do I need? I see Harpsicord levers in the Schaff catalog, but they come with star tips. They have a European tuning lever, but that comes with either a star or square tip - these pins are definitely oblong.

Anyone?  Help!

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano

www.farrellpiano.com