Soundboard installation with hide glue

ricb at pianostemmer.no ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jan 17 14:36:38 MST 2008

That may be the case, but thats exactly what Steinway Hamburg does.
They take the ribbed assembly and put it in a hotbox to dry it out
before attaching the bridge and glueing the whole thing into the rim.
Which bit they did first I dont clearly remember... but seems to me
if memory serves me right this was about getting the bridges on the
panel for in some fashion they weren't inclined to elaborate on.

Cheers
RicB

"There is absolutely no need to dry out the
soundboard (and ribs!) once the thing is made, and I presume it could
be pretty harmful, though a lot less harmful than drying it out after
it's stuck in"