Pictures of Boring Machine [was glue for hammers]

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Fri Jan 18 13:58:32 MST 2008

John,

                Brilliant! I was just talking to Ray Negron at Ronson
Hammers the other day and he mentioned that he bores hammers with a
horizontal machine as well. His original set up was with a modified
Shopsmith  (www.shopsmith.com). He sold the machine and so couldn’t provide
pictures. I like your set up. Do you have plans drawn up? I’ve been unhappy
with the clamping set up on the machine I bought from Kent Galloway some
time ago. The angles were rather precise but that doesn’t mean much if you
can’t hold the hammer head steady while you drill it.

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)