Pictures of Boring Machine : Greg

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jan 18 15:43:09 MST 2008

Hi Greg

I ran into a fellow a few years back who swore a horizontal boring jig
he had made for his ... what the english name for the darn machine...
dreiebenk... lathe I think.  He used a lathe for metal turning.  I
watched him bore a whole set in a matter of what seemed like minutes...
couldnt have been much more then the actual time it took to lift one
hammer... put in quickly in the jig and a second or two to make the
bore.  I could have purchased the whole thing from him as he was
retiring... but I dont do enough do justify the expense... and do
virtually no metal lathe work at all... so I didnt.

Did seem to me tho like the quickest most accurate way of doing hammers
I'd ever seen.

Cheers
RicB