Soundboard drydown for installation

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jan 19 13:36:32 MST 2008

I'll agree 100 % here as well.  I'm in this only because I am curious
and what I see in front of me doesn't quite add up all the way.  I dont
have Rons article handy at home but I'll look through at work tomorrow
and find it.  Deserves a re-read for sure.  For that matter I would
recommend it as a read to anyone interested in this subject matter.  As
for being happy about the way you do things... why shouldn't you be ?
What works works. But it is kinda cool to try and understand how all
these different ways of going about building a piano are reasoned out...
and how much of that reasoning has something going for it.

Cheers
RicB

    Boy, I don't really know. I should re-read Ron's article. Do you are
    anyone
    else know which issue it appeared in?

    Please keep in mind here that I'm not really trying to argue this or
    that
    about any of this - I'm happy with the way I build soundboards and I
    don't
    worry one way or the other about the rim doing anything but sitting
    there
    and hopefully not significantly dampening the vibrations of my
    soundboard.

    Terry Farrell