Renner pinning

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 19:33:13 MST 2008

Dale writes:

<< My  guess is that My Meyer would replace them if
you wish but then..... is it  quicker to just repin without much
regulation..... or start  over. >>

          First off, Lloyd has always stood behind the parts 100%.  However,
the labor is the difference, and these are already traveled,(and regulated),
and I would have to repin the new parts before I installed them, (knowing what
I know now).  So, on balance, repinning is the way to go. I'm pretty fast at
it with the straight reamers. And the Renner felt is faily consistant.

   I will be looking at some of my own pinning next week.  It was done in
1978, in  a pro's model S, when I had more time than money and was fresh out of
North Bennett.  It didn't have verdegris at the time.  Old whippens, new
springs, new bushings, new capstan felts, burnish, etc.  It has a new owner and I
sold them on it needing at least a regulation, and I will balance the keys and
hammers this time around.   I remember pinning everthing a little tight, so it
will be interesting to see what is up.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay