Steinway Pedal Pivot Pins

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 00:59:20 MST 2008

David Love wrote:
> I should have been more specific.  This is an old Steinway Duo Art that
> has individual pivot pins rather than the continuous bar.  I'm wondering
> if they had a standard size for those.
>

> David Love

 David:

I'm completing one Duo-Art and starting another soon (without the reproducer actions), both client pianos and really open to some interesting scaling opportunities, but I digress. They are both from the early 1900's and both have continuous pivot pins. As an aside question, are the screws that hold the pin to the pedal plate a standard size? Do you know offhand whether Steinway stocks them? I have several broken off in the screw holes in the next one. Not pretty.

Paul