Damp Chaser quality

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jan 22 06:58:10 MST 2008

>>We used to sell what we called a "pin-peg setter"

Thanks, Roger, for making a truly quality product. I just installed a
vertical system yesterday and this latest generation is the easiest to
install ever. And it is a very reliable system. I had a customer last week
tell me to come out and look at her system because the light wasn't on. I
told her to check the power source as these things just don't break. She
assured me the circuit was working. Well it was a bad receptacle. The
circuit was working but that particular outlet wasn't.

My favorite tool in my case is a cheap 7-in-1 screw driver from Wal-Mart. It
only costs about $3 and I have a dozen of them around the house, too, always
one within a short walk. It has both sizes of straight and Phillips bits. It
also has a 1/4 nut driver, 5/16 and a 7/16 nut drivers.

The 5/16 nut driver makes a perfect push pin setter and the soft rubber
handle makes it easy on your palm to whack it into the wood.

It also comes in handy as a lid prop. You can get a whole variety of lengths
out of the thing by removing the bit, pulling the sleeve partially out, or
pulling the sleeve all the way out. And putting the rubber end on bottom
against the pin block or cabinet is not going to slip.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802