Damp Chaser quality & cool tools

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Tue Jan 22 18:15:02 MST 2008

Following Dean's lead, I scurried right off to WallyWorld to get one of
those handy-dandy 7-in-1 screwdrivers!  $3.97 plus tax around here, and it
does indeed include seven different toolnesses.

Even more amazing, however....  Because I really was looking for pliers that
would make spinet jackspring R&R a pleasure (they do exist, right?), I
wandered a bit further into the store to check out what was available in
Sporting Goods, the site of previous Cool Tool plier finds.

And what did I spy this time?  A pair of 8" Stainless Steel Pliers with
"Built-in Tuning Slots".  How could I pass those up?  I accosted total
strangers in my search for the meaning of "built-in tuning slots", but
nobody seemed to know what it meant.  But I couldn't pass 'em up, so into my
toolkit they go!  (The section of the pliers that I'm guessing are the "b-i
t s" remind me of the notches and crimpers found in wiring pliers.)

The question now is:  how will they help improve my tuning?  What part will
they play in my passing the exam?  And what is a tuning slot, anyway?

Annie G.