Damper pedal modifications

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jan 22 07:06:57 MST 2008

Hi Annie

PianoDisc makes a kit for just the pedal solenoid for physically challenged
people. You could rig this with a standard keyboard foot pedal that you
could put anywhere, but it isn't transportable between pianos. I don't know
how you can get around that one.

I would recommend removing the una corda link and fabricating some new
trapwork to make the left pedal work the sustain. It is really pretty easy
to do. If you have a PianoDisc installer in your chapter they would probably
be a willing to help. If they're like me they probably have lots of trap
work parts they've taken off pianos that you could use.

I have a customer that fabricated their own music desk to lower the music.
It was basically a large piece of plexiglass with a hook bent on the top
side to hook over the top of the music desk. It then hung down over the
fallboard, resting against the edge of the fallboard. They had some kind of
shelf fabricated on the lower edge to hold the music.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802