Soundboard drydown for installation : Dale

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Jan 23 03:56:18 MST 2008

Hi Dale...others.

I've sort of been pondering exactly this kind of thing in relation to
Rons experiment...which would apparently point out to everyone that when
the soundboard experiences pressure downwards, instead of pushing on the
rim it actually tries to pull away from the rim. Since the entire panel
and a tad bit of the top of the rib will be over the line of centroid
... there is virtually nothing to push outwards at all... quite the
opposite.  Implications ??

    " The only thing I can imagine is that as I said in  my earlier
    posting that a bridge which is glued to the board with a light
    curvature reduces the need to force down the treble & bass ends to
    the  rim as much."

Cheers
RicB