Titebond Liquid Hide Glue specs...was the glue

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Wed Jan 23 16:11:27 MST 2008

Hi Terry.

You said :

So now for the practical question: So HOW MUCH does liquid hide glue soften
with high humidity? Enough for it to be a concern using it for the
soundboard/rim joint? Is hot hide glue similarly affected by humidity? If
so, then I would say there is little concern with liquid hide glue softening
with high humidity.

 That is exactly how I am thinking now about this.

I did try a liquid hide glue joint of spruce scrap on hard wood scrap, and
put it in my bathroom, where the humidity is about 54 % now.  I must say
that even after 36 hours, the excess glue is still not dry, that is, it is
soft and you can indent it with your thumb nail.  That being said, the joint
is very strong : no way I can make the bond fail.  Some comments tended to
say this is a preferable condition (little creeping allowed).

Anyway, if I hear you and Dale say there is full satisfaction in your areas
where climate is comparable to mine, I tend to not hesitate and go for this.

It is late now, but tomorrow I will post the specs of Ciresa that I just
received, for you all to appreciate.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.