Charge more to tune a Steinway?

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 23 07:28:40 MST 2008

This may sound really corny, but I go to each piano with a question: "Would
you (piano) teach me what you need?"   Preconceived notions go away, and I
am a student with each tuning.  Instead of trying to force the piano to
"tune", I try to be sensitive to each nuance.  It makes tuning more
pleasant, and in the long run has made my tunings better and
faster...........   But I'm getting old and senile, so every moment is
valued more. I make less than some tuners, but I think I rather enjoy it
more for the final results.  This attitude has helped through many difficult
situations.
les bartlett

  _____