tuning Steinway uprights

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 18:16:37 MST 2008

I don't like to spray any lubricants around tuning pins or plates.
(suffer the poor refinishers)

I apply a judicious quantity from a squeeze bottle to the area intended.
S$S tenor counter bearing strips and such. I apply a directed amount
to all bearing surfaces in the 'fore'-bearing area.

Spraying is too global. Target your area.

Protek works well but my preference is Goose Juice
.
I don't know why, maybe it's just juicier.

But to get back to the original question, a lubricated tenor counter bearing
will render the strings more easily. As it will for any other system which I
judiciously lube at every tuning session and find that more frequent tunings
require less applications.

Or is it that there's less time between lubrication %
--

Regards,

Jon Page