Pulling up the pin on S&S - "and thats it"- tunings

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 07:35:51 MST 2008

In a message dated 1/23/2008 8:01:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
diggeray at comcast.net writes:
Greetings,

         I have been told to just pull them up and thats it. WWwheLLL!.....,
that seems to me, like a cheap rip off tuning, and doing that doesnt settle
the pin correctly. The tuning should last the customer.
Is that it?
Is that where I am going wrong on this whole ordeal? Am I trying to settle
pins that are not meant to be settled? I am talking about grands here as well as
the K'$.

Julia
Reading, PA

Ron,
Haven't tried the Protex, but Kent Webb from Steinway said the same
thing in Atlanta.  Also suggested that it's more productive to just
bring up to pitch and settle in, rather than bringing the note over pitch.
Chuck Raynor
Beaufort, SC