am I getting too old?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Fri Jan 25 00:59:32 MST 2008

am I getting too old?

No, you're finally old enough!

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 24 18:56:16 MST 2008

________________________________

I got a call today from some guy who has an "old K&C" piano with some broken
strings and some broken hammers and needs a tune up real bad.....   Do many
come to the point where there is a limit to "problems" one reaches and
finally just decides s/he doesn't want to work on such a relic?   He says
he'll call me back (I am afraid he might) after I get done with a school
district.

I also got a call from a man wanting to give away a "concert baby grand
piano".  Free, no less!  And insensitive me, I declined the offer.   I'm
kind of serious about the question, though. The guy says he has a whole
bunch of hammers he bought from someone, so is sure I could find ones that
fit. He just doesn't know how to do the fixin'.     I hope I'm not becoming
a snob, but I simply can't bring myself to face things which seem to offer
no hope of being better after being "worked on"..
les bartlett

Diane Hofstetter