R,C&S Questions

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 18:55:16 MST 2008

Hi Jude
  Hey..... A heart felt thanks for the affirmative remarks  of support on
list. Your solid thoughtful comments & input are  appreciated.  We can all use
words of support &  appreciation.  Thanks for sharing. We all need that
inspirational word  from others when the going gets tough or foggy
  It is vitally important  to keep an open mind &  display patience with
others newer to the learning curve on many such  complex subjects such as
Soundboards/bellywork, custom balanced actions &  the like. (Sometimes I Haven't)
   The input received & shared on list has  changed my way of thinking,
shortened my learning curve, solidified  certain protocols, confirmed my preferred
tonal envelope, Affirmed my  intuitive work & learning style &....to never
trust the  spellchecker.
   Yes by all means do prove it to yourself &  then with the confidence
earned you may sell new kinds of designs to clients.  Have fun doing it.  Have
blast..........& enjoy the Music played on  your restoration efforts.

  Best to all
  Dale

Good points, Ric (and Dale), and I've benefitted from your queries for  the
past five years or so since I first started lurking.

I think the innovation is shifting to the small shops while the big
companies try to figure out their corporate models and how to go  global. As Michael
Spreeman said, "Viva La List." We might be totally off  our rockers at times
but at least we have a chance to exchange our ideas  with people all over the
world. It's pretty awesome and my thinking would be  so much smaller without all
of you.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell,  Massachusetts