Roof comes in on new board.

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sat Jan 26 19:31:33 MST 2008

Recent California storms dropped a tree on an 1895 S&S A2 I had just built a belly for. Actually it hit the house, only real case damage is a split top lid. But, the piano had several gallons of water in the belly for 3 or 4 days. The piano is back in my shop for evaluation and to rescue it from the house demo. This is only my 4th belly job, I received several complements on this job from other techs and was thrilled with it. I owe all this to the belly crowd out there who helped me with advice, especially my bro Dale Erwin who let me into his shop. Now, what to do, what to do. Would you guys pull this board out and build a new one? The piano was under the collapsed roof for quite some time with rain poring in before it was finally moved out of the way when photos were took. The wire is starting to rust, so it must go, I'm thinking I should do the whole thing over.

Fenton