Roof comes in on new board.

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Jan 27 01:12:29 MST 2008

With "several gallons of water in the belly for 3 or 4 days" I have to
wonder about the instrument as a whole.  Perhaps the rim/case itself has
been damaged ?  Just a thought.

Cheers
RicB

    Recent California storms dropped a tree on an 1895 S&S A2 I had just
    built a belly for. Actually it hit the house, only real case damage
    is a split top lid. But, the piano had several gallons of water in
    the belly for 3 or 4 days. The piano is back in my shop for
    evaluation and to rescue it from the house demo. This is only my 4th
    belly job, I received several complements on this job from other
    techs and was thrilled with it. I owe all this to the belly crowd
    out there who helped me with advice, especially my bro Dale Erwin
    who let me into his shop. Now, what to do, what to do. Would you
    guys pull this board out and build a new one? The piano was under
    the collapsed roof for quite some time with rain poring in before it
    was finally moved out of the way when photos were took. The wire is
    starting to rust, so it must go, I'm thinking I should do the whole
    thing over.

    Fenton