Roof comes in on new board.

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 11:19:57 MST 2008

The concern I would have would also be the compromise of the rim
laminations.  Clearly, you need to do everything: board, block, strings,
etc.  And I might consider having a new keybed, keys and keyframe as well.
Also, be careful to track the case veneer as well.  Since it is likely an
insurance job, you need to be very careful to be thorough to restoring the
piano without any residual effects so you really have to make sure you cover
all factors.  If you don't, they may try and hold you responsible for
anything that develops after the settlement that is related to the initial
damage.  A strong disclaimer in the contract to do the work is essential in
this case.

For those with this kind of experience, how long does the piano need to dry
out after that type of immersion before the wood gains some stability and
the potential development of warping or glue joint failure become evident?
Is it best to try and put the piano in some type of controlled environment
RH environment to achieve that and what would that be?

Good luck with this one Fenton!

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com