R,C&S question JD

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 12:51:21 MST 2008

No, I'm not stating that.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Richard Brekne
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:34 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: R,C&S question JD

So let me get this straight... You are stating outright, an RC & S board
that in unloaded state has known values for rib dimensions and radii and
panel compression of basically zipp diddly at glue up  MC.... that in
this state... the application of a known degree of downward stress
(derived from residual crown and the above already knowns) has no direct
relationship on how much panel compression results ?

Cheers
RicB

    I can see that you don't.  Percent is a meaningless measure of
    compression
    in this case.

    David Love
    davidlovepianos at comcast.net
    www.davidlovepianos.com

    I dont see the relevance to the question about how much compression
    gets
    imparted into the panel when a given RC&S board gets subjected to
    enough
    downbearing to reduce its crown to 25 % (