R,C&S question JD

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Jan 27 14:06:56 MST 2008

I didnt really think so.... In that (this) case... percent of residual
crown in the present context is far from meaningless as a measure of
compression.  I mean either it is... or it isnt.

Cheers
RicB

    No, I'm not stating that.

    David Love

        So let me get this straight... You are stating outright, an RC &
        S board
        that in unloaded state has known values for rib dimensions and
        radii and
        panel compression of basically zipp diddly at glue up  MC....
        that in
        this state... the application of a known degree of downward stress
        (derived from residual crown and the above already knowns) has
        no direct
        relationship on how much panel compression results ?

        Cheers
        RicB

            I can see that you don't.  Percent is a meaningless measure
        of compression in this case.

            David Love
            davidlovepianos at comcast.net
            www.davidlovepianos.com

            I dont see the relevance to the question about how much
            compression gets imparted into the panel when a given RC&S
            board gets subjected to enough downbearing to reduce its
            crown to 25 % (or any given amount for that matter)of its
            original height....which is the subject matter of the last
            few posts on this thread.

            Cheers
            RicB