Book 4 Sale

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:31:02 MST 2008

I have the following book to sell to one of my piano technician friends. It is unmarked and in mint, virtually new condition. I will sell it for half the dealer's price (their ad is copied below).
$11.50 takes it and includes postage ...

The Equal-Beating Temperaments
by Owen Jorgensen
$21.00 postpaid in U.S.
A handbook for tuning harpsichords and fortepianos, with tuning techniques and tables of fifteen historical temperaments. While one can purchase electronic tuning aids that provide most of the useful temperaments in this book, one does, by learning to set them by ear, open up a vast field of possibilities.  Good harpsichords simply sound best when tuned in a favorable temperament and equal temperament ain't it.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO