New book -Grand Obsession-

Jim Moy jim at jimmoy.com
Sun Jan 27 17:26:27 MST 2008

I just finished this book and enjoyed it immensely!

If you are put off by obsessive behavior, why would you pick up a book
with this title?

There are indeed sections of the book where I exclaimed to myself, "My
God lady, get a grip!"  But in most every case she questions herself
as well, realizing her level of obsession, and asks from many
viewpoints how she can or whether she should justify it.  As an
aspiring tech, I found it an inspiring book.  It communicates in
layman's terms the difficulty of being a tech, and the necessity of
having good ones.

And she *does* figure it out.  I won't be the spoiler, but for the
impatient the answer is revealed in Chapter 20 on page 262, and
concerns a topic I think ought to be of great interest to all techs.
And I'll leave it at that <grin>

Jim Moy
Fort Collins, Colorado