Kranich and Bach shanks available? Fenton

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Jan 27 19:54:57 MST 2008

Bob,
Attached is a photo of just some of the re-work I had to do to a K&B (nick named the chronic back ache before it was done) to prep it for new action parts. 88 holes drilled in hammer rail for jack adjustment tool, re-cap hammer rail to relocate flange screws, plug and re-drill for reposition of let off screws. Why oh why do I do these things? Anyway, I THINK I saved the old action parts if you need some spares. The wips are short, you gonna have to do some serious head scratchin' to make it work. Just a tip. Oh yea, change the action spread? That's already built in with pivoting wip rail. What were they thinking, that is the stupidest modern USA action I have ever seen. Wait till you try to pull the keys.
Fenton