R,C&S question JD

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Jan 28 00:08:04 MST 2008

Been here done that with you before.  I suggest you re-read yourself,
separate your P's from your Q's and stop dodging questions. You've
directly contradicted yourself three times now. And below is the
chronical. First its meaningless.. .then there is a direct relationship,
then its meaningless again. Obviously we are at a familiar impasse so
for my part the issue is closed and clear. Grin... to say that percent
of residual crown at string up in a new board is meaningless.... I mean
really.

Cheers
RicB

    Percent of residual crown is meaningless.  Read through the various
    posts gain.  It should be clear.
    David Love

        So let me get this straight... You are stating outright, an RC &
        S board that in unloaded state has known values for rib
        dimensions andradii and  panel compression of basically zipp
        diddly at glue up  MC.... that in this state... the application
        of a known degree of downward stress        (derived from
        residual crown and the above already knowns) has no direct
        relationship on how much panel compression results ?
        Cheers RicB

            No, I'm not stating that.
            David Love

                I dont see the relevance to the question about how much
                compression gets imparted into the panel when a given
                RC&S board gets subjected to enough downbearing to
                reduce its crown to 25 % (or any given amount for that
                matter)of its original height....which is the subject
                matter of the last few posts on this thread.

                Cheers Ric B

                            I can see that you don't.  Percent is a
                meaningless measure of compression in this case.
                            David Love