Rib radii (Dale E.)

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Mon Jan 28 12:55:02 MST 2008

Hey Dale,

I know you were just shooting figures off the top of your head, but just for the record, it would be 4mm deflection on a 15" radius over 15". Hardly scant, IMHO but God bless your soul. I'm all for a healthy dose of crown up there and I have been, admittedly, way too conservative.

Best,

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545
    I crown these ribs as tight as 15 ft but even so on a 15 inch rib were only talking scant MM or 2. But I like having something to push against that resembles real crown.
    Makes sense?
    Dale