Laminated panels (Farrell)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 29 14:13:30 MST 2008

> I'd think a vacuum bag would work well enough with
> a choice of gap filling glue not needing tons of pressure to
> bond.

That's what I did. Modified two-part urea-formaldehyde adhesive. Excellent gap filling properties, cures hard as glass, doesn't need much pressure at all. In fact, the only thing pressure really does is position the wood for adhesive cure.

> I see the problem of producing large uniform laminate
> layers in a small shop.

Not the easiest thing in the world to do. I will admit there were times when I wished I had five arms. I approached it as a multi-layer veneering project.

Terry Farrell