Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 18:30:05 MST 2008

     This is fun !!! This is a  suggestion I made
years ago, on this list, and was roundly "poo-pooed" (
as usual ) if I remember correctly.
    So, then, who's refined this technique and put it
into practice, and where can I read about their
discoveries ??? And should I use sugar pine, spruce,
maple or what for the added lamination ? And what kind
of glue ?
 ( I was thinking epoxy would have minimal creep, but
then, if the rib and addition were dowelled together (
maybe with bamboo skewers ) the couldn't "skid" over
each other, at all.

Thump

P.S. This 57" Ivers and Pond upright has very wide
ribs,  with nearly flat tops and a lot of room behind
the posts, so it's tempting !