Young Chang music desk fabric

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 29 22:22:08 MST 2008

I have seen a lot of problems with this music desk fabric.  At first I thought people were using a black eraser a lot, so much debris coming into the tuning pins.  When Young Chang parts department and service department told me they will supply the same fabric for replacement, I declined.  The stuff falls apart too fast.  Piano Forte Supply sells an excellent replacement.  It is black patent suede, order number 340175.  This is 1 3/4 inch wide just like Young Chang's.  It does not have the adhesive already on it.  I used Titebond because I did not have the ventilation or outside temperature to use the spray adhesive.  If you use that type of glue, just use it sparingly.  It will come through the fabric and make a shiny spot.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT
bdornfeld at earthlink.net
North Shore Chapter