Korean Dip

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:31:22 MST 2008

Wow. Thanks to all who responded on this. There is such a depth of technical knowledge and experience out there. I am amazed.

For us little ol' country tuners who do little regulation, voicing, rebuilding, etc., it's like a country general practice physician consulting with the professors at a renowned medical school, or something. What that translates to besides being very impressed, and a little humbled, is that I can actually understand what you and Bob and Dave (et al) have to say, but translating it into something I will (a) remember and (b) be able to use to any real advantage in my work on the next rare occasion to use it .... well, that remains to be seen.

Were I a much younger person--and this by way of advice to the lurkers out there who are early in your piano tech careers--I would aggressively look for an opportunity to apprentice or otherwise work under the tutelage such talented people. This, especially, if you are interested in high end tuning, concert work, rebuilding, etc.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO