[pianotech] ***SPAM*** Re: Replacing Keyboard Felt

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu Nov 6 21:19:55 PST 2008

No you don't, Andrew. Hide glue works great but titebond or almost any glue
will work, don't use to much and clamp the edges down if your using an under
felt. I mean, it's not like the felt is going to go anywhere, what's it
going to do, fly out of the piano? this is not a structural glue joint. Just
make sure your not soaking the felt with glue. I used to staple it down and
remove them later, I don't do that anymore but I've seen plenty of back rail
felt nailed down. On second thought, why not just get some hot hide as was
suggested and disregard everything above.
Fenton