[pianotech] technical question was Re: Proposed California Sales Tax on Furniture Repair

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 10:44:58 PST 2008

I could give a rat's behind what Doctors, lawyers and accountants have to do.

Since we mostly work on an hourly basis why not ask about the plumber, electrician or other tradesman?

?

Mike

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com
email mike at ifixpianos.com

Mike

First of all, why the nasty remarks about lawyers and accountants? My son is a CPA, and he works very hard, probably a lot harder than you do.?

Second.?Doctors,?lawyer and accountants work on an hourly basis, too.?Some of them charge as much, (or little, depending on your point of view), as piano tuners, plumbers,?and electricians.?The difference, according to the NY law, is that they don't do any repairs on physical items.

My point was, the?AMA and the BAR had lobyist help write the legal language to exclude them from having to pay taxes. If?the PTG had enough money, we?probably could have influenced enough politicians to exclude us, too.?

Wim ?