[pianotech] Dr Sanderson

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 07:17:08 PST 2008

What a great person he was. He will be missed. I can still imagine him, leaning in to listen to my questions, always attentive. To me he was the example of a loving husband and father. Fascinating what some human beings can leave as they pass along this planet.One thing that comes to mind is that he was very impressed with the canadian invention of the robertson screws. He told me he had to import some to do his house's clapboard. To this day, I still agree with him, these are the best.Marcel CareySherbrooke, QC> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:09:50 -0500> To: pianotech at ptg.org> From: stanwood at tiac.net> Subject: Re: [pianotech] Dr Sanderson> > My hat is off to Al with profound respect.> > His passing brings back the memory of a story that Bill Garlick told > our class at North Bennet St. School in 1977.   Al observed Bill > tuning on stage for a Bob Dylan concert in Boston.  It was a noisy > and raucous scene and Bill nailed the tuning using third/tenth octave > tests in the treble and minor3rd/6th octaves in the bass.  Al was > blown away that someone could tune with such accuracy under those > circumstances and resolved then to learn how to tune using > traditional aural technique such as taught by Bill and outlined in > Braid White's little red book  - "the bible".  This led to the > success of his electronic approach.> > I hope any of you who have All Sanderson stories to tell will take > the opportunity to share with this list..> > Thanks Al,> > David Stanwood