[pianotech] Stringmaking Question

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Nov 23 13:06:24 PST 2008

?? John
? SO true?Ron ............ I think this could be known as a String fart...an oops by the stringmaker. Just think of?the insanity it takes to want to do this. What type of analytical human chooses to wrap fine copper around thin steel & try to keep all his ducks in row & his clients happy. Hey It happens. I also glad there are humans liek this errors and all. If I made bass strings I'd charge double what I pay. Probably have a grumpy day occasionalyy as well
? any way...The frustration will increase or decrease exponetially depending on how much the string maker values your business. In the end , it's wrong, it's wrong & needs to remedied.
?I've experienced it going both ways and though annoying?I?usually shrug & git on with it. With out notes it's a lost argument. I feel badly for you John.
?Dale

It probably should have been noticed, but most of us miss REEEEEALLY obvious things sometimes.?
?
> *Just wondering what other peoples take on this is.*?
> *Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the submitted measurements.*?
?
Bad dog! ALWAYS keep a copy of submitted measurements to check against the product if something's not right. That tells who's fault it is. Does the string maker have your submitted notes on file to fax or mail you a photocopy??
Ron N?
?